Oh how I love to start the week off with some fabulous fashion! This morning I have the newest and most amazing designs straight off the runway from UK couture designer David Fielden! I fell in love with David Fielden from the moment I saw the his 2010 collection which featured a rose covered helmut. Pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen, so when he contacted me with news of his 2012 designs, I jumped at the chance to ask him a few questions and find out more. See below for a quick Q&A and of course some snaps of the newest and chicest wedding dresses for next year. I love the combination of rockn’roll edge and beautiful, romantic fabrics. Also make sure to check out the David Fielden website for more info and to book an appointment!
1. What is the process like for a bride when she orders her dress from David Fielden?
A: Our shop is very ‘un-bridal’ I wanted to create a ‘cool’ ambience with great music. Mixing our fashion collections with bridal to give the bride many exiting options.
2. Do you have any advice for brides when they go about looking for their perfect wedding dress?
A: It is your day, so listen to your heart.
3. What sort of fabrics and materials do you use that are unique and where are they sourced?
A: My fabrics come from all over the world. Many laces and embroideries, made by the same companies who produce the couture collections in Paris.
4. Where does your inspiration come from for each collection and how often do you create new styles?
A: We have a strong design philosophy which enables us as a company to develop ideas from one season to the next. The use of textures, silhouette, mixing fabrics and colours they have always been a challenge for us.
5. One of my favorite David Fielden pieces is the Rosette Helmet. Can you please tell me more about it? I’m OBSESSED!
A: The Helmet was designed for the finale of our 2010 fashion show in Milan. The Italians are obsessed with the Vespa, and all the accessories that go with it. So I thought it would be cool to design a bridal Helmet.
6. Anything else you’d like to share with OMG readers?
A: If you are looking for a dress that is truly unique, and want to stand out from the crowd we look forward to seeing you!!