Hello OMG readers! Today’s top 10 is all about fashion forward thinking – outside of the (shoe)box ideas for your wedding shoes! Gone are the days when wedding shoes HAVE to be white, and here are just a few options for you to consider that will not only be great on your big day but also keepers in terms of wearing them again in the future which is a great way to justify spending a bit more on some really fabulous heels. Enjoy!
1. Pearly Black and White Platforms by Nicholas Kirkwood
Accessorise with a big chunky modern pearl statement necklace and a wide graphic black belt for your reception and you’ve got the perfect combination of traditional and modern.
2. Super modern white patent leather Jil Sander pumps
These ultra contemporary shoes would be perfectly paired with a short or tea length modern wedding dress, a bobbed hair style and an uber-cool industrial wedding venue. Think flowers encased in clear acrylic boxes on plinths. Thanks Jil.
3. Totally graphic – fantastic Charlotte Olympia Origami pumps
These would probably have been my dream shoes for our gold, black and white themed wedding had I seen them! I love the bold zigzags, they are super cool.
4. Collected at the front and party at the back Sam Edelman studded shoe
I love the schizophrenic personality of these shoes – cool at the front, rockstar at the back. The nude colour contrasting with the studs is also a fashion fave.
5. Harriet Wilde’s exclusive Sakura peep toe for Harrods
For the sensitive sole, these delicate flowers are a nice take on the jewel encrusted heels of last season.
6. Python cut out amazingness by Philipp Plein
No words for this one. And also no budget… Pricey but pretty spectacular.
7. Totally pretty floral fabulousness from Christian Louboutin
I cannot get these shoes out of my head. Imagine a summer wedding, a bright red and pink bouquet and a 1950’s short dress. Gorge.
8. Black and white Tatiana Stiletto by Lara Bohinc
Love these almost as much as the Charlotte Olympia shoes above. Graphic, black and white, amazing.
9. Charlotte Olympia Isla Strappy Sandal for the ultimately chic summer wedding
These would be totally incredibly with a short summer dress and peachy keen bridesmaids. J’adore.
10. Soft and floaty goodness from BHLDN’s Feather trimmed d’Orsays
Last but not least, BHLDN never fails to deliver. It’s as if these angel shoes fell from heaven.